Website City of Hallock
Click here for application; Job Application, 2023
Applications are also available in the City Administrator’s office located in the lower level of City Hall.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at City Hall.
Position Title: Seasonal Maintenance II
Reports to: Utility Superintendent
Age Requirement: Must be at least 18 years old
Status: Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Under general supervision, perform semi-skilled maintenance tasks associated with care and upkeep of city owned properties and trails. Supervise Seasonal Maintenance I.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
The essential job functions listed below are intended to describe the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of other duties not listed does not exclude them if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Completes tasks associated with the maintenance and care of city owned properties, including, but not limited to: mowing, string trimming, trimming trees/shrubs, debris pick-up and controlling weeds.
- Maintains city owned properties. Including but not limited to: City Hall, Gilbert Olson Park (and facilities), Horseshoe Park (and facilities), Centennial Park, Dipple Park and other city-owned properties as assigned.
- Operates a variety of equipment and power tools, including, but not limited to: string trimmer, mower and a wide variety of hand tools.
- Supervises and delegates work to Seasonal Maintenance I.
- Performs other work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to understand and carry out both oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous manner.
- Knowledge of landscape maintenance.
- Ability to lift, carry and drag objects weighing up to 80 pounds as needed.
- Ability to manually excavate dirt, gravel and field aggregate.
- Ability to safely operate equipment, including, but not limited to: commercial and residential lawn mowers, mid-size lawn equipment, push mower, string trimmer, blowers, ATV/UTV, air compressor and pressure washer.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the general public and city staff.
- Ability to safely and efficiently transport equipment to the job site with a truck and trailer.
- Ability to effectively work in a variety of conditions, which include: inclement weather, dust, pollen, loud noise, vibration or in areas where insects are present.
- Ability to work around equipment and moving mechanical parts in a safe manner.
- Perform additional duties as assigned or apparent.
Education and/or Experience
- Possess and maintain a Minnesota Class D Driver’s License
- High school diploma, MN accredited GED or currently enrolled as a student.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
- Previous lawn maintenance experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally, and in writing with staff, other public officials, volunteer departments and the general public.
Employees are regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, balance, stoop, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 80 pounds.
The majority of the time performing the duties of this job are spent outdoors, including in cooler weather. The employee will also occasionally be exposed to smells. The noise level in this environment can be loud. Hearing protection is available upon request.
The City of Hallock is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com